Monday, June 3, 2013

Recapping May


I was really doing well with accomplishing all my goals in May.  Then came Memorial Day weekend and all hell broke loose and the momentum I gained just went to the shitter.  It was this four day weekend that I learned how much be 30 really does suck.  The recovery time for hang overs are apparently about two days and if you drink all four of those days, well then you apparently need the entire weekend after MMD weekend to recover, which is exactly what I did.  Sat on my A$$!

Goal #1: This one hurt the most, because I knowingly sabotaged myself.  I had exercised for 11 days out of the month and I needed just that one more day.  On Friday, May 31st, the last possible for me to do something as simple as go out for a 30 minute jog and I chose to crawl into bed after I got home from work and proceeded to lay there the rest of the night until the next morning.  I know, pathetic, I pretty much went to sleep at 6pm on a Friday night. (.92)

Goal #2: Who knew a short little write up would be so time consuming.  Regardless, it's done! (1)

Goal #3: Yayyyy!  Another friend just moved to the west coast. (1)

Goal #4: Sadly, due to expensive flights, I was not able to fly back to the east coast before Sam moves to Israel for good.  However, I will be adding a couple goals that have to do with her to June thought to make up for it. I'll still give myself half credit for checking flights and thinking about her the following month.  I'm a good friend like that. (.5)

Goal #5: The key phrase is "try to reignite."  Volleyball was one of those sports I picked up in junior high school and it kind of just followed me for the next 18 years.  Last fall I decided to slowly transition myself out of coaching.  It was beginning to feel too much like a job and it just wasn't fun for me anymore.  Having played throughout high school and college and then coaching pretty much year round since graduating from college, I needed to enjoy it again.  So I gave it a shot this month to see what playing would be like.  Although I didn't get to play, the effort was there.  This this beach volleyball thing that happens every Sunday out in Santa Monica, but it's kind of lame.  I also contacted my friend Jocelyn to see if she knew of any leagues, but then I remember that I don't really like the thought of committing to anything.  Especially not something that tells me I need to be somewhere every day the same week at a certain time.  I mean, I have my job for that.  So being that the key word was "try" and not "do", full credit is deserved. (1)

Goal #6: I think I actually went to the beach multiple days...Do I get extra credit for that?  Sure why not? (1.1)

Goal #7: Trust me, I wanted to give a beat down at some point, but I didn't. (1)

Goal #8: Nothing say "I love you" like a check in the mail. (1)

Goal #9: So I finally RSVPed for my friends Sean and Marc's 30th birthday in Vegas.  I used to do that thing were I wouldn't RSVP until the last minute just in case (something better comes along) or well you see the guest list and you're just like (#nobodygottime4dat).  (1)

Goal #10: Let's recap these horoscopes - from dailyhoroscopes.com (1)
Tuesday, May 7th: Your attention to detail makes this Tuesday a perfect day for working out contracts or other complex business negotiations. Difficulty comes with emotional plunges. The facts will usually clear up any confusion. Make sure the written word is understandable. If someone is just annoying, you try to get along, particularly if there are multiple distractions. Avoid needless stress to either body or psyche, whenever possible. You may find plans are being changed for some social affair this evening. Offer to do what you can to help. You are sure to make some new friends as well as a few new business contacts through this effort. There are special moments in a romantic involvement or in a marriage this evening.
I did end up speaking with a doctor, so I guess that's new business?  Also had a GoToMeeting with a sales rep and then met the new Marriott rep that week as well.  I even think I skipped the gym a couple days to avoid physical stress to my body.  Wow, it's so dead on!

Tuesday, May 14th: This time is perfect for focused and detailed mental work, though you may resist some of those dull routine tasks. Complete unfinished business today. You have a sharp mind and your awareness in the overview of a situation is strong. Your ambition is strong and you have the right amount of discipline to get you where you want to go. You develop a keen appreciation for the value of things, including the money it takes to buy them. Take the social opportunities that are open to you now and network with people that share your same job interests or talents. A love of music and an appreciation for sensual pleasures is strong. You may find the right romantic interest for you, or you may find an existing romance will deepen.
I have no ambition and my love life sucked that week.  I'm pretty sure I got stood up twice.  Screw you!

Tuesday, May 21st:  You may find that a promotion or practical insights come with ease. You could represent or speak for your company or communicate about your skills. You need a place to think and dream without interruptions. Perhaps a short trip or walk at the noon break will enhance your focus. Outside activity at noon will bring your energies into a comfortable balance. You will be able to return to your work with renewed enthusiasm. You can be extremely creative once you learn how to channel your thinking properly. You are willing to take risks and can rise to whatever challenges occur. You will meet an interesting person this afternoon--perhaps a new employee. Discovery of a new talent may be the topic of discussion in your home this evening.
Hmm...I'm not getting promoted and meeting a new employee?  I don't think so, my work wife pretty much gave her notice recently.

Tuesday, May 28th: You work hard and have a very strict schedule. Today is one of those days when you may find yourself huffing and puffing, either between classes, appointments or some business transactions. Others have a difficult time keeping up with you. You may be thinking about an upcoming professional goal most of this day--pre-planning. This afternoon you may decide to bring your work home. Work at planning a time budget that will leave you with more opportunities to relax and enjoy each day. What you achieve and what you gain in monetary possessions is nothing compared to what you gain with regular attention to relationships or your physical well-being. Enjoy the feeling of laughter with a friend or loved one this evening.
I found myself huffing and puffing because I an old bitch and had to recover on my first day back to work after a four day drinking binge.  

So close, I was almost perfect this month with a 9.52 out of 10 goals met.  But I think that's still an A! 

No comments:

Post a Comment