Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Songs of Love to Samantha


History happened today.  DOMA was ruled unconstitutional and Prop 8 was repealed.  Samantha and I can now have the gayelle wedding we always dreamed of.

I accomplished the goal of posting a love song to Samantha each day before she left to Israel for good.  Below were my picks and reasons why these hold dear to our (MY) hearts.  I'd like to think of it as a Facebook mixed CD.

It started on the second day, as these goals were all established the third day of this gloomy month and ended on the 18th when that bitch got on a plane and left me.

June 2nd: Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
What could possibly be cheesier and more awkward then this song.  It gives you feelings of creepiness with a tingling sensation on the inside of your no no area...

June 3rd: Inside Your Heaven - Carrie Underwood
We used to be obsessed with AI...well just season 1 anyways.  I think we pretty must stopped watching after Kelly Clarkson won, but this is probably my favorite AI song that was written for a winner and hopefully my future wedding song as well one day.  

June 4th: It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
I just really happen to love "Pretty Woman".  Deep down in all of us, there's a Vivian Ward.

June 5th: Take My Breathe Away - Berlin
C'mon, this was before Tommy Cruise went all crazy on Oprah's couch and before Kelly McGillis became a lesbian!

June 6th: Maybe I'm Amazed - Gem
Sam and I used to (still) love the OC.  We even are naming our first born Seth Ryan.  It's only natural that this song would be on there with the dialogue of Ryan and Marissa when he has to leave to move back to Chino because he knocked up his Mexican ex-girlfriend.

June 7th: Put it On Me (Remix) - Ja Rule ft. Lil' Mo and Vita
What ever happened to Murder Inc.?

June 8th: Fantasy (ODB Remix) - Mariah Carey ft. Old Dirty Bastard
Possibly the best MC song ever...or maybe even just the best song ever.

June 9th: I'll Make Love to You - Boyz II Men
Quite possibly the best baby making song ever...with the exception of every other D'Angelo song. 

June 10th: Bonnie & Clyde - Beyonce ft. Jay-Z
Sam's my ride or die bitch.

June 11th: I Can't Help Myself - The Four Tops
Classic

June 12th: Crazy In Love - Beyonce ft. Jay-Z
I will always have memories of the Summer of 2003 and when I realized Destiny's Child will not be around that much longer.

June 13th: To Be With You - Mr. Big
Love the hair.

June 14th: 21 Questions - 50 Cent ft. Nate Dogg
I love her like a fat kid loves cake.

June 15th: I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders
Another classic.

June 16th: I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton John
Love the hair and outfit.

June 17th: How Am I Supposed To Live Without You - Michael Bolton
The time that Kelly and Zack broke up on "Saved by the Bell."
 
June 18th: I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston
This song says in all.  May she rest in peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment