Thursday, May 30, 2013

Welcome to LA Nikki!


Whenever possible, I always try to get people to move to LA.  I know it's not for everyone, but it's for me and I'm all that really matters, so...

An old college friend and housemate of mine settled into LA two weeks ago.  About a month and a half ago when she mentioned that she had an interview with a big toy company, I told her I would do whatever possible to sell her LA and then also settle when she got here.  I didn't really have to do much of either, the geography alone did it I'm sure.  Then again, she was coming from Atlanta, so I'm sure it wasn't as hard of a sale as someone moving from New York or San Francisco per say.  Not to knock on Atlanta, I'm sure it has its charm (those Real Housewives), but come on, which would be more desirable in your mind?!?

During her interview here, I took her to probably the most LA place I could think of; Sur.  Yes, as in Lisa Vanderpump from the really really RICH housewives (not to be confused with ATL).  All was going well until her rental got towed.  LA was not beginning to look too good!  I did my best to make it up by taking her to the W where we had fancy drinks and peoplewatched scores of high class call girls werk it for the night.  What could possibly be better than that?  I mean, I know ATL has the video hoes, but isn't that phase long gone now that we don't have videos like "Back That A$$ Up" anymore?

Her arrival to LA for good got me to hit up the beach cities in the south bay for the first time ever in my almost five years of living in LA.  What can I say, LA is big and it can take an hour to get to Hermosa Beach or any of those beaches for a matter of fact.  It was almost like living in constant vacation.  Kind of reminded me of the Hamptons.  How I miss that.  People just bike and roller blade around, drink bud lights, play beach volleyball, and well...bar hop.  I went at a crazy time called Fiesta Hermosa.  I made Nikki promise me two things: 1) don't let me buy art and 2) don't let me get a tattoo.  She did a good job with both.  I introduced her to a departing co-worker of mine because I figured it would be good for her to start making friends.  After all, it's almost impossible to find people to trust in LA.  I'm sure the boys loved her though.  She's fresh meat in a new town where all the guys have already slept with whatever single girl there was.  I guess it helped that she also wore a dress that was making her cleavage pop.

So I guess my welcome wagon duties with Nikki went great, who's next to move out here?!?

Oh and let's talk about how I'm such a great multi-tasker and killed two goals with one long ass drive by going to the beach as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment