Saturday, May 4, 2013

April Recap

Interesting, my success percentage this month was the same as one of Obama's win percentages!

April has been a wicked month!  Traveling the last week and a half of the month really made things hard for me to accomplish much of anything.  I also didn't get to watch a lot of tv as well, so as I'm sitting here on a sunny Saturday afternoon while watching Grey's Anatomy (I know, I still watch that shit show), I am here recapping the last month.  I also learned how I felt about children when I was on a flight from Orland to Newark, NJ.  The flight was like 70% children full of Disney crap.  Mickey Mouse is a hustler.  There were probably tens of thousands of dollars of mouse and princess wear. 

Goal #1: Exercising 15 times out of the month was so ambitious.  That was like an average of working out every other day.  That and I would also need to work out at the resort and hotel gym in Orlando and New York.  Let's just say that didn't happen.  Twice, I laid by the pool, but swimming was really not in the cards.  So during the month of April, I visited the gym six times, hiked Runyon Canyon three times, and went to yoga once.  So that was 10 out of 15, not too bad.  Not quite a full point, but .67.

Goal #2: Car was washed an looks amazing! (1)

Goal #3: Striking up an interesting conversation is subjective.  I was able to strike up conversations while dog-sitting, but nothing interesting came about from it.  I'll just give myself an "A" for effort.  I'm still going to give myself full credit for it. (1)

Goal #4: Shoes bought for the wedding!  Now I need to just break them in. (1)

Goal #5: I know I packed on more than three pounds based on the fact that I had trouble fitting into my skinny jeans.  That's what happens when you eat out three meals a day for 10 days straight and do not work out for half of a month.  Awful!  I couldn't even think to stand on a scale because I was so scared of what the results would be.  I also went to a tux fitting after they took my measurements back in February.  A little tight! (1)

Goal #6: $500 accomplished! (1)

Goal #7: Wardrobe is now revamped.  I bought so many new pants and shoes in the month of April, I'm not sure how I even managed to save $500. (1)

Goal #8: Done! (1)

Goal #9: Nala is still attacking me, but she gets squirted with a water bottle every time she does so.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I long for the day that my cat stops abusing me.  I get full credit for this because the goal was to start training her for the rest of the month and not have her stop forever! (1)

Goal #10: I basically finished "Walking Dead" in one weekend.  (1)

What a great month!  With the exception of the gym issue, it was almost perfect this month.  9.67 points out of 10!  That is totally an "A!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment