Monday, April 29, 2013

A little Goodwill...


Gives my closet some much needed space!  I think I mentioned I was going to look into some alternatives to using Goodwill since I found out how much the head of Goodwill actually profits from selling the stuff of people.

I was packing for my east coast work trip and while doing so, I thought it would be a good time to trim the fat in my closet.  I think I think a good amount of downsizing, but I'm pretty sure I could have done a little more.  You know that old t-shirt that you can't seem to ever get rid of?  Unfortunately for me, I had like 20 of those old t-shirts.  I know I'm never going to wear them again, but I could not get myself to get rid of it.  Maybe it reminds me of the way I smelled in college...I know, kind of creepy.  Or maybe it just reminded me of a time of innocence when I didn't have to worry about having things nicely fitted to my body and I was not being judged for it as I walk by a bunch of guys with shades on during gay brunch (yes, they are talking about you!). 

While cleaning out my jean section, I found a pair of boot-cut Diesels.  I know, no one wears boot-cut or Diesels anymore.  I thought about giving that away, but then I thought about how it was $180 and that's just not something you give away.  Maybe if I hold on to it long enough, boot-cut will make a come back kind of like the 80's and I can wear something that I wore in my 20's when I'm like 50.  

Also, I noticed something else I had a bunch of that was insane.  I have A LOT of work out clothes, even after giving away a bunch of stuff, I still had 30 work out t-shirts.  That's one a month that I can wear.  I do not work out 30 days out of the month.  I'm not really sure anyone does.  If you do, please tell me your secret. 

Now that my closet is condensed and organized, I realized that there is one major advantage to it.  I can now buy more clothes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment