Tuesday, January 15, 2013

(Non)Sunday Funday Success


It pains me to actually call this a success.  Two Sundays into the month and its been accomplished.  There was a time when I had six consecutive Sunday Fundays.  On Saturday night, a group of friends and I were discussing how much we loved Sunday day-time drinking that carries on to whatever hour of the night. Sometimes, we remember we have work the next day and we're done by 7pm, other times, we just say "screw it" and all of a sudden, it's midnight and you just know Monday is going to be painful, but it's worth it. 

It's "winter" time now in LA, but there's just something so fun about being able to wear shorts and cute shoes out paired with a tank to show off the arms you've been working so hard all winter and spring for and then wear shades the whole time indoors so you can admire the eye candy of judge the hot messes.  What can possibly be more fun then starting your day with mimosas over brunch before heading over to Fiesta for 2 for 1 drinks, followed by Mickey's for $5 sangrias, hop over to the Abbey for a quick drink before ending the night at Here Lounge by dancing the night away?  I know - clubbing on a Sunday night is still weird, even for me.

I gave all that up to succeed in my goal of only 2 Sunday Fundays a month.  Ironically, I think I may only be able to have one this month or even none!  Does it really count as Sunday Funday if it's MLK weekend?  Wouldn't that technically make Sunday more of like a Saturday?  Now, why can't I go out on the fourth Sunday?  I'm going to be in Orlando the final weekend of January for work.  There is nothing I hate more than Florida, with maybe the exception of New Jersey and all sports teams in the New England area...

I'll have to admit, the past couple Mondays at work have been relatively easy to get to.  I didn't wake up smelling like I brushed my teeth with gin, having one night stand hair, or waking up in a foreign place.  It really does make it easier to get to work the next day waking up in your own bed and smelling like you took a shower the night before.

However, this goal will not be included in the upcoming months.  I just love Sunday Funday way too much.

Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment