Monday, September 30, 2013

Lil' Bro's Wedding Weekend - Sunday


It's 11:59pm EST on Saturday, a minute until the after paRtAAyyyy...When you have a group of about 20+ Asians going to an after party, there really is only one logical choice - Karoke.  We love to effing sing, I don't know why, because most of us can't, but we love it.  We also love drinking which was why I was hauling around a magnum bottle of Goose until we got to the joint since it was only a $40 corking fee.

After unsuccessfully trying to figure out how it Twerk it like Miley, I began the night off dancing and stomping to tables to You Belong With Me.  Who doesn't like that song?  I dedicated it to my brother and my new sister-in-law.  The crowd sang along, it was awesome, I was awesome, it was as if I was being cheered on at the Superbowl and I was Eli Manning during those winning seasons.  Or, I was just drunk...

For the next 3+ hours or so, there were some amazing song choices that I remembered.  There were like way too many.  You can totally tell we grew up in the 90's...
1. Backstreet Boys - All I Have to Give
2. Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
3. NSYNC - This I Promise You
4. NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye
5. Craig David - 7 Days
6. Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You
7. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
8. R. Kelly - Ignition
9. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
10. Bruno Mars - Marry You
11. Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
12. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

At some point, we also gave praise to New York and woke up in a new Buggati.  

I think I may have crawled back to the hotel around 4AM.  I woke up the next morning desperate for dim sum.  The funny thing is it took me about 30 years to realize why when I was younger, we would have to get up so early to be dragged to dim sum at 11am.  Turns out we learned the hard way.  We tried getting to a dim sum place in Flushing at half past noon.  Boy was that stupid.  The lines were long and there was no way we were sitting.  The card that I usually use in LA (aka, speak Cantonese to the hostess) would not have even worked this time around.  There just weren't enough white people waiting to eat.  Luckily, I was also craving Vietnamese food as well, so that made life a little easier.

Work was not done as we had to pack the car up and bring back all the stuff to my brother's apartment from the hotel.  By the time I got back at 5, I passed the eff out.  That was the longest 48 hours of my life.  Speaking of long wedding weekends.  HIMYM is on tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment