Friday, September 20, 2013

First Condo Viewing


I saw my first apartment today.  It felt like NYE.  There were so many expectations and then when I finally did it, it just kind of felt like my first time all over again.  You have all this excitement and when you're done, you realized it only lasted about 5 minutes and you're left wondering what happened.  I think I've looked at apartments where I'm renting longer than the amount of time I looked at this one that I was considering purchasing.  I have to admit though, the apartment was very clean, I need to find out who they used as a cleaning service. 

After viewing the place for about 7 minutes, I decided on just telling my agents the good points rather than all the shitty points, and boy were there many.  I figured positive reinforcement is always a good thing so they know what to look for in the future.  I also had an appointment schedule for tomorrow at 2pm with another condo in the same neighborhood, so I drove by to check it out.  Boy and I glad I did.  It was a nice condo, but it was surrounded by crack houses and shattered American dreams.  Just because it's the nicest house on the block, does not make it okay...Needless to say, I e-mailed my agents after and asked that we cancel the appointment tomorrow to not waste anyone's time.  I need to get a feel of what my agents are like because I was definitely a little more PC about how I really felt about the place. 

This is gonna be one long ass ride to home owning...

No comments:

Post a Comment