Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Recap

My Halloween Costume!
 Oh October 1st has arrived.  Baseball season is officially over.  Well, as a Mets fan, baseball season was officially over during spring training.  To think, they swept the Yankees.  Such promise wasted.  Now even as a Giants fan, I'm not going to have to wait until January to see their season end either.

This was not a good month for me in accomplishing goals which is sad since I was hoping to build on the momentum of last month.  Life just happens sometimes.  September was very busy on the traveling side.

Goal #1: I was not able to exercise 15 times this month.  I was only able to squeeze 10 days in.  Most of this is due to traveling and the rest is due to condo hunting and the world just getting dark faster.  However, what I find most impressive is that of the 10 days of exercise, three of them were done at a hotel gym.  One even being in Vegas.  I know, crazy, who really works out in Vegas...I still did meet 2/3 of my goal for this one and I've never been so happy to give myself partial credit (.67).

Goal #2: I couldn't get Boo to the bunny spa.  I called about making some appointments, but they are only open on weekends and Wednesdays.  You can see how this can be challenging for me.  I had every intention of bringing her this Wednesday since I have the day off, but that's Oct 2nd, so it's a moot point.  I will move this over to October goals. (ZERO)

Goal #3: This wasn't done, so clearly I don't really care about having friends come visit.  Or I just go out of my way to find a parking spot in the streets and let them park in mine.  It's so much better than driving to Van Nuys or going to the Parking Violations Bureau to pick up permits.  Trust me, there is nothing cute about sitting there.  You wonder where half of the people there crawl out of.  (ZERO)

Goal #4: Looking at condos are a tiring process.  I didn't only look at 1, I looked at 7 this past month.  With the exception of the first place, the other 6 were done in intervals of 3 within a 1 to 1.5 hour time period.  Driving all over LA like that is god awful, especially after work hours. (1.6).  Why the .6 you ask?  Extra credit of a tenth for each extra house I looked at.  After all, this was a major reason why I couldn't go to the gym after work to reach my first goal.

Goal #5: I totally had a speech I didn't need to use.  Awesome.  We all kind of were a little worried the best man would try to throw the mic at us. (1).

Goal #6: Got my hair done did.  Check. (1).

Goal #7: The first two are about crazy shit white people do to understand the world better and humble themselves.  Here's the thing, I didn't grow up living in poverty, but I don't need to take a trip to the slums of India to figure out things like that suck.  I just know it does and accept it... 
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/south-african-family-trades-suburban-comforts-for-slums--stirring-controversy-183911585.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/panera-breads-ceo-tries-eat-153810950.html

This one is about Sino-Africian relations.  Essentially, Asians (specifically Chinese in this article) are just super racist! http://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/08/on-being-african-in-china/279136/

This last one is just there because I geek out to higher education news.  http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/19/local/la-me-loyola-law-20130819

So I guess this goal is checked off. (1)

Goal #8: Giants are 0-4 and I didn't start bitched about it until October. (1)

Goal #9: There's so much tv to watch the DVR matrix wasn't help.  I can only record two shows at once and watch one live while doing it, so I will need to catch up on shows online as well.  Please don't judge me as I list off all the shows I watch. 

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Mom, and Hostage
Tuesday: New Girl and Mindy Project
Wednesday: Criminal Minds, Agents of Shield, Trophy Wife, Modern Family
Thursday: Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal
Friday: Drinking
Saturday: Drinking
Sunday: Revenge and Betrayal

Then we have the revolving summer/winter shows that come in from time to time: Suits, Covert Affairs, Drop Dead Diva, Devious Maids, Newsroom, American Horror Story, Breaking Bad (although, that's a moot point now). 

Yes, I'm aware I watch way too much tv. (1)

Goal #10: I'm totally gonna be wrecking ball Miley.  Not naked on a ball, but wife beater and white panties while licking a hammer (see reference above).  (1)

Final tall is 8.27/10 goals.  A step down, I guess I'll need to try harder in October...

No comments:

Post a Comment