Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reunited!

Alcove Burger

It's a sad and a truth at the same time, the older you get, the less you get to see your friends.  However, this month, I was able to hang out with not one, but two friends I haven't seen in literally months!  Yes, I'm totally going to give myself extra credit when I do end of monthly goal calculations.

On Thursday, the 11th, I hung out with my friend Trent.  He wanted to go hiking and I offered up Eaton Canyon.  I chose Eaton because it was an easy hike and Trent hasn't gone hiking in a while.  I'll let you define "a while."  We coached together at the high school and the club level.  "Coached" being the operative word.  I personally don't do it anymore.  I noticed that with my coaching friends, unless we're in season, it's really hard to see one another.  He was a good sounding board to my coaching woes though.  Now that I look back at my woes, I'm not even really sure what they were.  Other than dealing with parents and emotional teenagers, I guess it really wasn't all that bad.  You learn quickly how to "yes" people to death and then not really deliver...

Trent's first hike in a while was a nice starter hike, although I wasn't sure if he was going to make it at some points, but he pulled through!  In the end, we were able to see somewhat of a waterfall.  The day ended with an awesome lunch at my favorite Alhambra eatery: Baccali Cafe.

This past Monday, I was able to hang out with Jocelyn.  She too is another former coaching colleague at the high school and club level as well as my European travel buddy.  I dragged her all over London in a walking tour that went from Kensington Gardens to the Tower Bridge.  She learned first hand what a New Yorker I am.  I don't think I saw her since I went with her to watch the "Catch Me If You Can" musical.  That was either April or May.  It was awful if anyone cares.  We didn't go for a hike though.  I took her slutty bathing suit shopping with me at the Andrew Christian Factory Store in Glendale.  The prices are cheaper and you always get 20% off.  I wonder if the website is suitable for work...

We caught up over lunch at Alcove Cafe & Bar in Los Feliz.  I never hang out there, but I thought why not join all the other unemployed hipsters who can sit at trendy cafes in the mid afternoon of a Monday.  Their Alcove burger is delicious and you should really try it...I also think it was probably very good because I just finished a round of food poisoning and this was my first real attempt at solid food other than my first attempt, which was Ramen.

Food poisoning, for those of you who haven't had it, it's rough.  I think the only silver lining is that it's a great diet program because you don't eat and you when you do try, your body just lets it all go in any way possible.  I mean, how else can you lose weight from sitting around and doing nothing all day!  P.S. I don't wish that on anyone though, unless they actually want it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment