Monday, July 15, 2013

Looking for a new home and living in a tempoary home!


My home owning process has begun!  I was recently pre-approved for a mortgage of $400K.  I was so excited at first until I remembered that I live in Los Angeles and that if I want to live anywhere remotely safe, I can't really afford anything.  Boy, if only I lived in Atlanta, I would have a nicer house than any of those broke Housewives.

So, what I found out is that with 400K, if I wanted to live in a desirable neighborhood, I would be able to own a studio or a 1 bedroom.  Forget about a 2BR or a house in the suburbs where there's a good school district so I don't have to send my future children to private school.

The other challenge I found is the HOA fees for some of the condos.  In DTLA, there are some condos that have HOA fees of $956 a month!  That's kind of like a double mortgage.  What exactly is the building doing for you that would warrant that kind of charge?

This just ended up being more depressing than I originally thought.

However, on the bright side, I did clean out my luggage from when I came back from New York on June 30th.  I left all my dirty laundry in there until the other day when I had to pack and move into the Omni for work for the week.  I actually love living in hotels, if there was a way to do so, I would love to live in a hotel for an apartment.  What is better than hotel bed and towels?  Especially from a place like the Omni.  The Omni ain't no Holiday Inn.    

No comments:

Post a Comment