Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cutting out the plastics

Okay, this is a little dramatic.  I don't actually plan on cutting plastic out of my life.  How else would I buy things?

When I say this, I don't mean cutting the bitches that I hang out with on a regular basis.  Well, sometimes I do.  I won't really notice how much money I'm saving until the end of the month when I don't have any credit card bills to pay, but man, let me tell you...using cash and debit is a struggle!  I've never had more coins in my pockets, but at least I can do laundry!

I actually unknowingly faltered on this goal, but I still technically still didn't use my credit cards and I'm going to tell you why. 

iTunes: So I had to buy Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack."  Don't judge me.  A friend of mine agreed with me that if her and Selena Gomez were to go on tour together, we would both lose our $hit.  Now I hoping they do and it doesn't conflict with JT and Jay-Z or even worse, my other idol Ke$ha.  With buying this song, I forgot my iTunes was synced to my credit card.  I'm giving myself a break on this one since like c'mon, how do I pay for that in cash!?!  Plus, I'm about supporting artists and not illegally downloading music.  Napster is so 2000 and late. 

Company Card: This shouldn't even count, for many obvious reasons.

Credit Card Credit: So I received a credit which means I have a negative balance.  Why would I be crazy enough to use cash and not bring my balance up to an even "Zer0?" 

AMEX Membership Rewards: I bought a plane ticket with my points and there was a difference that I had to pay in which you could only use the card to do so, that does not count.  I was a victim of circumstances. 

So, here's the deal, as far as I'm concerned, I still haven't used plastic this month.  I wonder what it would be like to not have to pay a credit card bill at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment